In today’s gadget obsessed world, it is imperative that your website be mobile friendly. I have found 4 wordpress plugins that will make your WordPress site mobile friendly. If you know of another plugin(s), please share it with our reader so we can all benefit. These have defiantly made to my list of favorite Wordpress plugins.
The WP Mobile Detector WordPress plugin automatically detects if the visitor is using a standard mobile phone or a smart phone and loads a compatible WordPress mobile theme for each.
It is one of the first to differentiate between a standard mobile phone and a smart phone. With advanced mobile statistics, image resizing, automatically formatted content, and detection of 5,000+ mobile phones, the WP Mobile Detector gives your mobile visitors the experience they desire.
The WP Mobile Detector plugin also includes an installer that will configure everything automatically. All you have to do is install and activate the plugin.
The WordPress Mobile Pack is a complete toolkit to help mobilize your WordPress site and blog.
It includes a mobile switcher to select themes based on the type of user that is visiting the site, a selection of mobile themes, extra widgets, device adaptation and a mobile administration panel to allow users to edit the site or write new posts when out and about.
- A mobile switcher which automatically suggests desktop or mobile presentation, but lets users switch to the other if required (and remembers their choice).
- A standard mobile theme, crafted by ribot, a top UK mobile design team.
- A set of advanced themes for Nokia and WebKit devices, designed by Forum Nokia. These also look beautiful on Android, iPhone and Palm devices.
- Custom color variations demonstrating how the themes can be easily tinted with CSS.
- Standards adherence, ensuring that mark-up is valid XHTML-MP 1 and the site scores 5 on mobiReady.
- Device adaptation, including the rescaling of images, intelligent splitting of articles and posts into multiple pages, the simplifaction styles, and the removal of non-supported media.
- A mobile admin panel, that allows the blog managers to access the admin interface via a mobile device, with simplified access to the most common features such as editing a post or approving comments.
- A mobile ad widget to easily enable mobile ads with AdMob or Google’s Mobile Adsense.
- Mobile analytics, allowing you to track your mobile traffic with PercentMobile, and view simple local traffic tallies.
- A barcode widget which adds a barcode to your desktop site so that devices with a suitable reader can quickly bookmark your mobile site, or deep link within it.
- Automatic listing on mpexo, making it easier for users to discover that you have a mobile-friendly site. (NB: you can enable the mpexo listing in the ‘Settings’ dashboard menu.)
A WordPress plugin that will render your WordPress blog on mobile handsets, with the ability to use customized themes. Built into MobilePress is the ability to track your mobile sites analytics and serve ads with Aduity.com.
Integration with Aduity.com enables you to serve ads from some of the biggest mobile ad networks such as Admob, Quattro Wireless, Buzzcity and InMobi. You can also serve you own managed ads. You will also be able to track your visitors every move with Aduity analytics.
The plugin allows WordPress theme developers to create custom mobile themes for MobilePress enabled blogs. Theme designers can create specific iPhone themes or generic mobile themes for other mobile devices.
MobilePress is SEO enabled and detects Google, Yahoo and MSN mobile search bots. These mobile search engine bots will see the mobile version of your blog and get your mobile site indexed in the mobile search results.
The Verve Mobile plugin automatically detects the user’s device and loads a compatible WordPress mobile theme.
- Automatic detection of mobile devices
- Easily monetizes your mobile site with seamless integration into The Verve Network
- Advanced mobile statistics including unique visitors, visits, and more!
- Automatically formats content and resizes images
- Includes two pre-installed mobile themes