Most small business owners are confused with the term ‘brand.’ You may think that only big corporations obsess themselves with branding. That is because even small businesses can find themselves with a strong brand name that will surely achieve great things for the company. However, small business branding can be as complicated as creating a tagline or perhaps a logo. A small business brand should be about everything that the business has done or is currently doing. This could even be much like a person’s biography.
A small business brand is very much like a collage. It should be made up of who the owner is, who the consumers are, the things that the employees can say, and even what the press can say about the owner and the company as well. In your business, everything has to be an open book.
Keep in mind that branding is not optional. Every interaction that you make with your clients creates an impression. For you to be able to create a very powerful brand, there should be an alignment between your vision and the gut feelings that your customers have about your company. Brand is the main driver of purchase because people are loyal to brands. A strong brand nowadays has to be unique. A strong brand does not need to compete in markets. Why? Simply because strong brand is responsible for defining the market.
Here are some branding insights and realities:
- By not having a brand, your company will not be able to communicate who you are and what your product is all about to your prospective client.
- Branding is not merely just about the company logo. Branding in fact is the process of taking out your capabilities as a business person and putting it into good use. This is the process wherein you would be able to test your capability by enlisting the things that you can do for your customers and communicate all of these potentials through a complete and unified brand identity.
- Despite the fact that you have to choose a brand that is favorable to your clients, you cannot just go ahead and choose something that would resonate with them but is completely different with who you are as a business owner. There will be a need for you to ask yourself as to who you are as an individual, who you are as a business owner, and what are the things that you have that you can offer to your customers that will resonate with them. As a matter of fact, this goes hand in hand.
- You have to instill yourself into the brand that you are creating. As a business owner, you cannot separate the brand itself from what you do.
- This is because if you create a brand that does not represent you will surely fail. Your brand should be a product of who you really are. Customers will appreciate it more if your brand symbolizes you as the owner of the company. In small business branding, this is the most important thing: As the business owner, the brand should be you.
about the author:
Silvia Pencak is The Magnetic Look Expert and Mentor. For over 7 years Silvia kept building successful venues in Europe and Canada. She became known as the expert in building a powerful brand and is often asked for advice in management, marketing and organizational areas of building a personal and business brand. Over the years she started to notice that power of branding, authenticity, relationship building and marketing efforts can make or break a successful business. Silvia shares her expertise online at http://MagneticLook.com to help other women entrepreneurs build successful brand and extraordinary lifestyle and to support those who don’t settle for a mediocre business and average lifestyle. Join Silvia and others for the Stand Out and Thrive Teleseries http://standoutandthrive.com …Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Silvia_Pencak
Get your BUSINESS BRANDING QUOTE now!