How Does it Work?
With Snip.ly, you are not just shortening a web page URL or changing it. You are directing your audience to the same link you just visited, but it has a “snip” placed on it. This can be anything from a small banner on the page that directs them to your page once they have read through the content, or a link placed at the bottom of that page. It will be related to the link you sent them to, so if you linked to a page about using Twitter for social media marketing, you can use Snip.ly to also add a little banner of your own blog post talking about how to get more Twitter followers. Since it is related, readers are more likely to click on yours.
Who Should Use Snip.ly?
There are many people that will benefit from using Snip.ly. Here are some different people that will benefit from using this excellent tool:
Business owners or website owners that have a weekly or monthly newsletter. You can use Snip.ly to shorten some of the links in the newsletter and link to content related to the information in that newsletter. It creates an extra link for more traffic to your website.
Anyone who shares other people’s content. Snip.ly is ideal for people who like to share content others have produced. Not only will you continue sharing their content and helping to get attention to their website, but you also use Snip.ly to create a link for your own page.
Blog owners that want to show related blog posts. You can also use Snip.ly when sharing your own content. If you have a new blog post that talks about designing logos, you can use Snip.ly to direct them to that page, but also have a CTA that links your readers to your post about choosing the right blog theme and color design.
How Do You Use Snip.ly?
Once you get a hang of it, Snip.ly will be very easy to use. Here are some simple steps for getting started:
- Sign up for a free account and log-in.
- Find the content you want to share and copy the URL.
- Paste the URL on the homepage of the Snip.ly website. There will be a Snip.ly bar that lets you put the link in directly.
- Click the “Snip” button once the link has been pasted into the bar.
- Make customization to the box that pops up. Enter the title of the URL so they know what they are clicking on.
- Click “Create” and add the custom Snip.ly URL to your preferred social media network.
How Much Does It Cost?
There are many different pricing structures for Snip.ly, so you can find a good option no matter what your budget is. There are free accounts that provide basic tools, and many memberships all the way up to the business-level membership at $125/month. They vary based on how much customization you have over the Snip.ly buttons and links, what it will look like, how often you can use it, and whether or not you are bale to add your own logo to it. It doesn’t hurt to start with a free version and take it from there.
What are the Benefits to Using Snip.ly?
If you are still insure, remember the following benefits of using this fun and easy tool:
- You can start with a free account at Snip.ly to try it out.
- You are able to get traffic by sharing other people’s links.
- Sharing links of other websites and blogs may encourage them to share yours.
- You increase your own blog or website traffic with very little effort.
- Snip.ly is very easy to use.
- Google Chrome has a plug-in that lets you add a Snip.ly button directly from the browser.
What are you waiting for? Go sign up for a free account and give it a try!