What does BugMeBar do?
BugMeBar lets you add a message to the top of the screen which a user can dismiss. You can use a cookie if you like so that the notification bar can stay gone once the website visitor has clicked close. Here are the main options…
- Set the target of where the bar will go, you can add it to anywhere you want
- Enter the message (including HTML content)
- Set colours for message, links and transition colours
- Align message and close button
- Remember close with a cookie
- Set cookie expiry time
- Name your cookie
- Turn CSS3Â transitions on/off
- Turn CSS3 animations on/off
- Use a fixed position bar so it sticks to top of the page
- Already got a fixed header? No problem, use a fixed spacer to push existing fixed headers down
- Set a z-index to make sure BugMeBar stays on top of everything.
What do we think of BugMeBar?
Overall rating = 8 points.
We like BugMeBar because of it’s simplicity. Because sometimes we need something mega simple without a gazillion options.